THE Herb For Thyroid and Adrenal Hormone Health in Ayurveda
Adaptogens are agents that help your body resist occasional stress, anxious feelings, and fatigue. They have a tendency to balance and normalize hormone levels — especially those hormones produced by the thyroid gland and adrenal glands that control metabolism, energy expenditure, and a healthy stress response. If your thyroid hormone levels are too low, for example, adaptogenic herbs will slowly raise thyroid hormone levels until they approach normal. If your adrenal cortisol levels are too high due to chronic stress or caffeine consumption, adaptogenic herbs will help to decrease your cortisol levels until they approach normal.
It’s quite amazing how adaptogenic herbs just “know” what to do in your body, and modern science can’t really explain “how” these herbs are so intuitive!
What’s even more perplexing about adaptogens is that their use in Ancient Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda dates back thousands of years, though modern research on adaptogens didn’t begin until the late 1940s. When it comes down to the normalization of your adrenal and thyroid hormones (and the understanding of herbal adaptogens), modern science seems to be in the Stone Age compared to the time-tested health sciences of Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda!
Following World War II, Soviet scientists set out to determine why Siberians lived healthy and long lives – many living beyond 100 years.
Over a period of 45 years, 1200 research scientists conducted over 3,000 studies involving more than 500,000 people. This led to the discovery of adaptogens… a phrase coined by Dr. Nicolai Lazarev.
Together with Dr. Lazarev, Professor Israel Brekhman researched and helped show that a new class of plant compounds could help people neutralize stress and live healthier lives.
Professor Brekhman created the following guidelines for an herb to be considered an adaptogen.
The substance must…
- Be entirely non-toxic
- Have a “non-specific” activity, increasing the resistance of your entire body rather than any specific organ
- Work to help your entire system gain balance, also called homeostasis
The Soviet scientists also felt adaptogens improved the functioning of the entire person by:
- Boosting your energy level and helping enhance longevity
- Promoting good reproductive system health
- Supporting your brain and other essential organs
- Promoting your healthy digestive system
- Helping enhance your skeletal and muscular systems
Ashwagandha is a small evergreen perennial herb that grows up to 1.5 meters (almost 5 feet) tall. Common names used for ashwagandha include: Winter Cherry, Withania somnifera (latin botanical name), and Indian Ginseng to name a few.
Regardless of the name you use to describe this adaptogenic herb, it delivers potential benefits to you by…
- Boosting your endurance, stamina, and sexual energy
- Raising your circulating T4 and T3 thyroid hormones if they are too low
- Decreasing rT3 (reverse T3 thyroid hormone) if it is too high
- Lowering excessive cortisol hormone that causes belly fat and upper back fat
- Helping you enhance your resistance to chronic stress
- Assisting you in refreshing both your mind and body
- Helping calm and soothe your nervous system
- Aiding you in falling asleep naturally, staying asleep, and waking up refreshed
Becuase adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha can vastly enhance your energy levels, some people mistakenly categorize these intelligent herbs as stimulants. But ashwagandha is NOT a stimulant.
It can give your morning exercise routine a boost. When taken in the evenings, it can spice up things in the bedroom. And when taken at bedtime, it can help you get a peaceful, deep sleep. YES!!!
Now who DOESN’T want some of that?
So now here’s an herb that will help to calm and relax you – plus, give you the energy level you need for your work hard, play hard kind of lifestyle.
Is there a LOVE button for that?
When choosing an herbal product (or anything that you put into your body or on your body), you only want to choose The Best because otherwise you will be compromising your health and quite possibly even the length of your lifespan. As a professional herbalist, I strongly suggest following these guidelines when purchasing herbal products:
Follow These Selection Guidelines When Looking for a High-Quality Herbal Formula
- Contains only 100% certified organic ingredients
- Uses only vegetable capsules in supplement form – Don’t rely on your typical low quality and unpredictable “over-the-counter” grocery store, drugstore, or health food store herb.
- Comes free from fillers, additives, and excipients – Excipients are potentially toxic substances added to supplements as processing or stability aids. You don’t need any of these risky so-called “other ingredients” in your herbal formula.
- Must be produced by a certified organic manufacturer steeped in traditional Ayurvedic practice in unison with high-quality organic and safe production processes – Plus, the manufacturer…
- Applies the whole herb in the organic processes
- Selectively makes use of live organic herbs
- Uses organic fertile soil – No xenoestrogens, heavy metals, or other sneaky chemicals
I have searched far and wide for an authentic ashwagandha supplement that I would actually feel comfortable using on a daily basis as part of my optimal health regimen, and I finally discovered Ayush Herbs — a company owned by Ayurvedic physicians who produce their herbal formulations based on the traditional way. Their products are the best of the best in Ayurvedic herbalism and are NOT available over-the-counter like the cheap imitation ashwagandha on the market today.
I have personally used this product by Ayush Herbs, and I have been so impressed by it that I wanted to offer it to you here at Holistic Chinese Herbs at an incredible deal.
I’m not really sure how long I will be able to offer it at a price this low, so all I can say is “Get It While the Gettin’s Good!”
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 120
Extracts of/Amount per Serving:
Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) 500 mg
Withanoloides 7.5 mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (Cellulose and Chlorophyll).
Milk, soy, egg, and wheat free.
Suggested Use: One capsule three times daily or as advised by your health care provider.