Archive for July, 2012
1) Inflammation throughout the body: Inflammation can cause you to feel hungry even if your body has already taken in enough calories to maintain weight. A common sign of inflammation is pain in your muscles or joints. The #1 way to get rid of inflammation is to minimize your consumption of foods high in omega-6 fats (corn-fed meat, vegetable oils, nuts, fried foods) and increase your consumption of foods high in omega-3 fats (grass-fed beef and grass-fed dairy, wild fish & seafood, and at least one TBSP of cod liver oil daily). One brand of cod liver oilthat is regularly tested and certified free of radiation, heavy metals, PCBs, and other obesogens is this one.
2) Too many carbohydrates and a high glycemic diet: When you increase your consumption of high carb foods, your appetite will naturally INCREASE and you will crave more and more carbs. This is possibly due to an evolutionary based mechanism in which an increased number of carbohydrates in the diet signals that there is an abundance of food and it is time for the body to gain and store more fat to protect against a future food shortage (wintertime, when fruits and veggies are not in abundant supply). Regardless of whether that theory is correct or not, if you decrease your carb consumption and increase your protein and fat consumption, your appetite will naturally decrease, allowing you to lose weight without feeling hungry. You can keep your metabolic fire strong while decreasing your appetite by using GreenExcellent. There are NO STIMULANTS in GreenExcellent so you won’t have to suffer from jitters, rapid heartbeat, restlessness, and other dangerous side effects of over-the-counter diet pills.
3) Hormone Imbalances: Endocrine problems such as adrenal burnout and hypothyroidism and two of the most underdiagnosed hormone imbalances in the world. What most people don’t realize is that gluten and other vegetable-based proteins found in grains can CAUSE an underfunctioning thyroid gland and overworked adrenal glands. Adopting a gluten-free diet can help to normalize your hormones so you can lose weight. Adaptogenic herbs such as black shilajit can also help tone, strengthen, and balance your thyroid and adrenals.
1. Supplement your healthy lifestyle with CoQ10 and astaxanthin. Astaxanthin (a fat-soluble nutrient found in algae) has been found to reduce the accumulation of phospholipid hydroperoxidases (PLOOH) – compounds known to accumulate in the red blood cells of people who suffer from dementia. Scientists now believe astaxanthin could help prevent dementia, including Alzheimer’s. Combine astaxanthin with the neuroprotective compound CoQ10 to prevent age-related cognitive decline well into your 90′s and 100′s!
2. Another way to prevent Alzheimer’s is to avoid large amounts of fructose in your diet. This means avoiding fruit juice (except for lemon or lime juice). It is also wise to minimize your consumption of fruit to no more than one or two servings of fruit each day. Always avoid sweeteners such as crystalline fructose and agave nectar, and of course steer clear of processed foods containing corn sugar, corn syrup, or any other variation of the term high fructose corn syrup.
3. Enjoy curry spice, turmeric, and coconut oil in your food! These delicious culinary ingredients have all been found to benefit brain function, and populations that consume these foods regularly have almost no cases of dementia among the elderly.
4. Do a clinically proven detoxification regimen at least two or three times per year to decrease the load of toxins in your body. One of the suspected causes of Alzheimer’s (besides a diet high in fructose) is the presence of a large amount of toxins — including toxic metals and fluoride — that can accumulate in the brain. Doing a cleanse such as PaleoCleanse every 4 – 6 months can decrease your toxic burden and save your brain.
Many of you have written to me to ask what exactly PaleoCleanse is. First, let me tell you what it’s not!
- It’s not an all-meat diet!
- It’s not a colon cleanse or a laxative.
- It doesn’t contain stimulants.
- It doesn’t contain gluten, wheat, soy, or synthetic vitamins.
Now that we got that cleared up, in summary, PaleoCleanse assists your body in detoxification of environmental toxins that can mimic hormones and disrupt thyroid function in your body and lead to weight gain, allergies, fatigue, arthritis, and other unpleasant things. Most people substitute the PaleoCleanse shakes for one or two meals per day, and then have a healthy homemade lunch or dinner. Others have used the PaleoCleanse shakes alongside a juice cleanse. There are many possibilities to suit your own lifestyle and nutritional needs.
The #1 most determining factor on the results you achieve in life (either in your relationships, health, finances, athletic pursuits, or other aspects) is NOT how much you know, your attitude, or your mindset. Whether you reach your goals or not is mostly a result of your HABITS (AKA what you do without even thinking about it on a daily basis). If you’ve ever tried to change your habits, you already know that it is no easy task. The good news is that a technique taken from ancient Chinese Medicine has been used by thousands of individuals to change their habits and thinking patterns within a matter of minutes. This could literally change your life and the results you achieve each day. Learn more here.
I think we grossly underestimate the power of the human mind. In my conversations with other entrepreneurs and business professionals, I often hear the other person say, “You’ve got to dumb it down. People are too stupid to understand.” When you look around and consistently see people doing stupid things, making mindless mistakes, or turning into zombies in front of the TV or on facebook, of course you may come to believe that most people are just stupid and apathetic. I refuse to accept that as truth. What I believe is that most people really are incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable, skilled, and concerned. Most people do seek to improve their health, relationships, career, and contribution to the world, even though it may seem that most are just running around like lemmings without a mind or ability to care about anything besides the latest gossip and the next product to buy in order to feel complete. The reason some people may seem this way is because their brain is lacking the nutrition it needs in order to function correctly; and in many cases, their brain is actually being poisoned by excitotoxins, insecticides, and even pharmaceutical drugs in the tap water. Please read on to learn how to enhance your mental performance through proper nutrition. Then share this on facebook (because we all know people on facebook who need this information)!
- Which nutrients promote optimal brain function?
- What nutrients are commonly deficient enough to impair mental performance?
- How can you get a better nights sleep without Ambien?
- What nutrients counteract aspects of aging?
- Is there an alternative to serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRI) antidepressants?
- What modern nutrition myths lead us to consume products that sabotage healthy brain function?
- What tests can you get from your doctor?
- What nutrients affect appetite, alertness, and tension?
- What nutrient combo will prevent hangovers 90% of the time?
For the answers to these questions and more, watch this video: http://youtu.be/-PA-buwI3q4
FLASH SALE! Order the 21 Day Detox Cleanse, the 30 Day Weight Loss Cleanse, or the Candida Cleanse within the next 72 hours and get a $25 discount! Click here to order: http://www.paleocleanse.net/